Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kids In The House: Alternatives To Punishments Or Rewards



































Embedded below is another of the short videos I made for Kids In The House. In this one I give my thumbnail sketch of why we try to avoid relying on rewards and punishments in preschool.

          
           

             

             

             

             

             

             

             

             

             

             

             



If you are interested in further reading on my blog about the ideas behind this video, you might want to check out some of these previous posts:

A Reaction to the Leash
Natural Consequences
Seven Things To Say Instead of "Good Job!"
The Language of Command
Spoiled Brats
Clean-Up Time: It's Not My School, It's Your School
Learning Responsibility
Teaching Values
The Gift of Motivation

And if you don't like what I have to say on the topic, head on over to Kids in the House where you'll find thousands of other videos from parenting and education experts who may speak more directly to you and your parenting or teaching style.

I put a lot of time and effort into this blog. If you'd like to support me please consider a small contribution to the cause. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share -->

No comments: